Compose click worthy titles
Titles contain important information that help your audience find your video in search results. When writing your title, it’s important to remember:
- Your title should not be misleading.
- Keep your title concise so that important information doesn’t get cut off.
- Put the most important information towards the beginning of the tile and any show name or episode number at the end.
- Make sure your titles and thumbnails work together to tell a compelling story.
- Make sure you’re including commonly searched for keywords in your title. For example: how to, tutorial, hacks, and haul are all popular search terms and can help bring traffic to your video.
Find popular keywords using Google Trends
Comparing two similar keywords using Google Trends reveals that "haul" (blue) is more searched for than "lookbook"(red). Now you can conclude that titling your video "Spring 2017 fashion haul" will drive more traffic to your video than titling your video "Spring 2017 lookbook".
get video ideas from the search bar
Another great way to discover popular search terms is by typing a keyword into the YouTube search bar and noticing what words auto-populate after it.
Check out a few quick tips by celebrity stylist, Lindsay Albanese!